Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hinamatsuri (Doll's Festival)


March has started!!
So MANY things happened last March in Japan.
One year will have passed since the earthquakes and tsunami.
Each day of this March was overlapped with each day of last March.
I live each day sincerely from my heart.



March 3rd is Hinamatsuri, Doll's Festival Day in Japan!
Most families with girls display `Hina-ningyo', special dolls for Hinamatsuri.
and pray for young girl's growth and happiness.
If you are interested, please check this site!
http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/aa022501a.htm

When I was born, my grandparents presented a whole set of Hina-ningyo.
and relatives presented dolls.




I was going to be one- year old soon!
I wore a kimono, celebrating Hinamatsuri!!




I was one-year old with my big and little brother.
My little sister wasn't born yet.
When she was born, she was presented a new set of dolls by our grandparents and relatives.

I'm not a girl anymore but I'll celebrate Hinamatsuri with my friends!!!

This is the explanation of each doll.







This is the special song for Hinamatsuri, Dolls' Festival.





<the Japanese lyrics of the first part>
Akari o tsukemashou bonbori ni
Ohana o agemashou momo no hana
Go-nin bayashi no fue taiko
Kyo wa tanoshii Hinamatsuri

<English meaning>
Let's light the lanterns
Let's set peach flowers
Five court musicians are palying the flutes and drums
Today is a joyful Doll's Festival